At The Charter School of San Diego, we are on a mission to transform the lives of students! CSSD is a free public school option, serving students in grades 6-12 who seek an alternative learning experience to the traditional school setting. Repeatedly recognized for its quality instructional program, high-caliber teaching, and strong operational performance, CSSD seeks to redefine how teachers teach and students learn. Our standards and expectations are high as we prepare our students for the future. Together—teacher, parent, and student—we can guide our students to achieving great academic success and accomplishing the goals each has identified as their own. Join us in our mission of Transforming Lives!
Visit us at our upcoming Job Fairs:
February 7, 2024: 10am to 2pm, Career & Internship Fair at San Diego State University
April 11, 2024: 10am to 2pm, “Just In Time” Career Fair at San Diego State University
May 29, 2024: 10am to 2pm, Summer Career Fair at San Diego State University
View our Salary Schedules:
- Teacher Salary Schedule
- Teachers are placed on the CSSD salary scale based on education (official academic transcripts) and experience (employment history/verification), as evaluated by CSSD human resource and finance staff.
- CSSD encourages teacher efforts in continuing education that support student learning and build subject matter expertise. Eligible employees may advance to a higher salary column provided that the advanced degree or the minimum number of qualifying units are earned and verified.
- Substitute Teacher Salary Schedule
- Certificated Teacher Resource (CTR) Salary Schedule
- Resource Center Associate (RCA) Salary Schedule
- Learning Associate Salary Schedule
- Teacher Salary Schedule
- CSSD’s employment year is from July 1 to June 30.
- Teacher contracts are for 12-months/228 contract days.
- 2023-24 Instructional Calendar
Yes, teachers are required to be onsite, Monday through Friday, for their assigned hours.
The requirements for a teaching position at CSSD include:
- Current California Single- or Multi-Subject Teaching Credential
- Letter of Introduction/Cover Letter Resume
- Three Letters of Recommendation within the last two years on Letterhead, one from a direct supervisor
- CLAD Certification/EL Authorization
- Valid California driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Pass a work styles/behavior survey and math assessment
- Clear background check by the Department of Justice and FBI
Yes, at Altus we take pride in our professionalism and display it throughout our organization. The expectations are that our employees display business casual, smart casual, or business/informal attire in the work setting.
Please review our Altus Dress Code for some tips to dress for success!
New contracts are signed annually at the beginning of each school year.
Each Altus Employee receives a formal evaluation from their direct supervisor on an annual basis.
The frequency of performance evaluations may vary depending on length of service, job position, past performance, changes in job duties, or emerging and/or recurring performance problems. In particular, all employees are required to contribute to the fostering of a collegial and effective work environment at their assigned location and throughout the organization by interacting with their supervisor(s), co-workers, parents, students, and other School stakeholders in a collaborative, transparent, and positive manner, and will be evaluated on this specific requirement. Altus maintains high-performance standards, and as a professional, the Employee shall be held accountable to meet such standards.
We currently have multiple Instructional Positions available at our 8 schools located throughout Southern California. To learn more about our schools, please visit www.altus4u.com. Once you find a location you are interested in, you can apply on EdJoin. Search for the name of the school (for example, “The Charter School of San Diego”) and you will see the available positions and requirements for the position.
We were featured on our local news station, FOX 5 San Diego! Feel free to watch our segment to get insight into one of our resource centers: The LOCAList SD – ALTUS SCHOOLS
Equal Employment Opportunity
No person working at Altus Schools San Diego or applying for work at Altus Schools San Diego is to be discriminated against in employment or application for employment or subjected to harassment in the work environment because of potential parental, family, or marital status or the exclusion of any person because of pregnancy or related conditions, age, gender, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, health condition or sexual orientation. Employment or application shall not be affected by physical or mental disability where the employee is able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties required by the job.